[Sticky] Romantic Memories  

RSS

(@ahhbermuda)
Active Member Admin
February 1, 2018 9:33 pm  

Did you have a Bermuda destination wedding?  Or maybe you celebrated an anniversary or other special occasion? Did you find love in Bermuda?  Get engaged?  Share your romantic stories and warm all of our hearts! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@victoria)
Newbie Member
February 2, 2018 5:10 pm  

My parents were married in Astwood Park, Bermuda in 1994. On their tenth anniversary, my dad surprised my mom and flew us all to Bermuda for 10 year vow renewal. The big surprise was that he had both her parents and his fly to Bermuda to witness the wedding which was not possible at their original wedding. On their twentieth anniversary, my dad surprised my mom again and flew everyone including their young grandchildren to Bermuda to renew vows in Astwood Park once more. Their eventual plan is to return on their 30th anniversary to renew once more. They've been meaning to go back within the next few years. Bermuda is their favorite place and has become our entire families favorite vacation spot as well. 

AhhBermuda liked
ReplyQuote
 Amy
(@amy)
Newbie Member
February 2, 2018 6:06 pm  

Many years ago, a couple honeymooned in Bermuda. They liked it so much, they treated their two daughters and their spouses to their Honeymoons in Bermuda.  One of those daughters is my mother-in-law.  She then continued the tradition and sent my husband and I to Bermuda for our honeymoon in 1986.  We returned for our 10th, 15th, 25th and 30th wedding anniversaries, staying in different parts of the island each time.  In August, we decided to treat our son and daughter-in-law to the same tradition and they honeymooned in Bermuda as well.  We have had phenomenal trips to the island.  We love the people, the attention to details, the commitment to service, the food and the view is like no other every single day!  We hope to return within the next year or so, even if I have to be like Dorothy and click my heels together to get there.  Bermuda is someplace special!

AhhBermuda liked
ReplyQuote
(@patty-hasson)
Newbie Member
February 3, 2018 9:37 am  

Our family connection to Bermuda is through my father. His mother was Bermudian and he was born in Hamilton in 1925. We have had many celebrations with relatives in Bermuda. Two highlights for me were our families' celebrations of my parents 50th anniversary and my father's 80th birthday.  Dad wanted to celebrate his 80th birthday by going to Bermuda on a boat. He would travel this way as a boy and his last trip was in 1939 on the eve of WWII. The trip was delayed as they had to paint the ship battleship gray so it was camouflaged on the water. My last visit was in July 2015 with my sisters. We brought dad's ashes back and put them at his mom's grave in St. Georges. It meant a lot to us to do this. My 60th birthday is in June and I would love to celebrate it in Bermuda!!

ReplyQuote
(@jonesk)
Newbie Member
February 3, 2018 8:20 pm  

My husband and I got married 2008 in N.Y. and had decided we werent able to afford a honeymoon right now since I had just graduated college as well. I went to a bridal expo, as most brides do....and received a phone call that we had won a hotel stay at the brand new Elbow Beach hotel with dinner and a couples massage! We were elated! It was our first time to Bermuda and we fell in love with it. We wish everyday we could live there, lol. The people are great, beaches are perfect, and most of all the local food is the bomb. This year is our 10th year anniversary and we still don't have any plans to celebrate 😳

ReplyQuote
 Troy
(@troy)
Newbie Member
February 3, 2018 9:43 pm  

My wife and l went to Bermuda for the lst time in 2016 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary!  It is such A BEAUTIFUL place! So much longing to return as that was the most memorable vacation we've ever had and it's the farthest East we'd ever been too...

I'm hoping to be able to return on our anniversary again and enjoy a visit to the lighthouse, the docks and pick up another souvenir shot glass, (my wife's broke) from the frog and onion pub!

So many great beach memories and wonderful views from the Fairmont.  We think we'll plan a golf to this time around also...!

Great island! Great destination! Great people, lots of beautiful places, Warwick beach, and so many others!

Can't wait to meet again!!

Troy F

ReplyQuote
(@jpage57)
Newbie Member
February 4, 2018 12:29 pm  

I grew up going to Bermuda with my grandparents to housesit for a couple they met on the beach. Bermuda is my most favorite place on earth. I have been more than 20 times and cannot get enough of this beautiful island. On December 22nd 1997 I married my wife at the little cove next to horeshoe bay (not sure if there is a name for it). We had our reception dinner at Henry the 8th and took a horse and buggy ride down the south shore. It was truly amazing wedding. We have been back several times for anniversaries and just getaways over the years. We just returned from our 20th anniversary this January. The people of this island are wonderful. We went to Henry viii for dinner and the manager there dug up a 20 year old menu and  put a ribbon on it for us to take home. We had an amazing dinner and some cocktails to end the night. A week ago I was going through my baby book and came across a school paper I wrote when I was 12 years old. In the paper I wrote that some day I will marry a blonde girl on the beach of Bermuda. Guess I could see into the future as I did just that.....

ReplyQuote
Share:

Planning a Bermuda Vacation?
Visit Our Community Discussion Forum for advice from friendly Bermuda locals and experienced travelers.

Categories include:
Bermuda Resort Hotels, Spas, Bars, Nightlife, Beaches, Cruises, Flights, Island Transportation, Golf, Restaurants, Dining Advice, Shopping, Tours, Attractions, Destination Weddings, Anniversaries, Romance and More!